After World War II the village started fundraising to build a village hall in as a memorial to those that had fallen during the war. Funds were raised through a range of activities including popular concert parties and theatrical productions.
A site was chosen on the boundary between Gerrans and Portscatho, so that the hall could serve both communities.
The hall was built by local builders Nichols and Nichols in part using reclaimed materials - principally the roof - from a redundant RAF airfield nearby.
Over the years since then the hall has been slowly improved and updated.
A plaque outside the hall states - "This hall was built by the people of this parish in memory of those who gave their lives in the 1939 - 45 war - and in gratitude for the lives of those who returned".
The hall under construction in the 1950's (photo courtesy of Gerrans Heritage Centre)